Friday, January 14, 2011

Decision Time!

I got an email two days ago that makes me very excited and apprehensive at the same time. The email was from the Marine Corps Marathon and it was my deferment letter. Since I got hurt last year and couldn't run, I had the option to defer my registration until the next year. Well, the next year's now here!

My PT is going very well, but I still haven't run since September of last year, and I don't know how long it's going to be before I can start running again. Is it possible that I can go from 0 to 26.2 in ten months? What about nine months? Eight? And perhaps the more important question: Is it safe for me to attempt this again so soon after my surgery?

My goal is definitely to avoid making the same mistakes this time around. When I start running again, I want to be smart and healthy about it. I'm already working towards that goal with the work I'm doing in PT. I know a marathon is in my future, but is it in my future for 2011?

I sure hope so. On January 19, I'm registering for the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment